To provide your email users with anti-virus protection, you can use either the Plesk Premium Antivirus or Kaspersky Antivirus solutions. Both solutions can scan server’s mail traffic in real time, however, only Kaspersky Antivirus allows fine tuning and filtering of specific file types from attachments.
The both programs require an additional license key with annual renewal. Check the current prices with your provider or visit Plesk site.
To install Plesk Premium Antivirus or Kaspersky Antivirus:
- Go to Tools & Settings > Updates. Updater will open in a new window or tab.
- Click Add/Remove Components.
- In the list of components, expand the Mail hosting group and select Install for either the Plesk Premium Antivirus or the Kaspersky antivirus option.
- Click Continue.
After the installation is completed, obtain and install a license key for the selected antivirus program. For this purpose, follow one of the links:
When a corresponding page is opened, perform the following steps:
- Because Plesk add-ons are added to the license keys that already exist, you will need to specify the number of your license key to which you add this feature and click Submit.
- In the next steps, indicate the currency, number of keys, provide contact details, billing address, and payment method, and submit the form. You will be notified by email when your order is processed.
- When you receive the email notice, return to the License Management screen (Tools & Settings > License Management) and click Retrieve Keys. Plesk’s License Manager will retrieve the upgraded license key from the Plesk licensing server and install it.
- Go to Tools & Settings > Antivirus (in the Mail group). Under Antivirus settings, select the desired antivirus and click OK.
If you install Plesk Premium Antivirus, you can switch on antivirus protection only on a per-mailbox basis, and only after you have set up mailboxes. By default, virus definitions are retrieved every 5 hours, and this setting is not changeable through the Plesk user interface.