Plesk Technical Reports
In case of issues with Plesk or one of its services, Plesk users can opt to generate technical reports before contacting support. These reports contain Plesk’s server log and configuration files. Generated technical reports are sent to Plesk, and then they become available to Plesk Support and to Partners Support service via Partner Central. Reports make the interaction between users and support services much more efficient, and help resolve issues. A report is stored in Partner Central for four weeks.
To access technical reports, you must have the permission Manage Support Technical Reports.
Technical reports are available on the Support tab, where you can view and download them. To find a report, type a search query or use predefined filters (on the left).
Viewing Technical Reports
The list of reports provides the information:
Report ID. The technical report ID in the
TR- is an abbreviation of Technical Report
<PRODUCTPREFIX>is product-dependent string without spaces, for example, PLSK.
<NUMBER>is a positive integer number.
Click the link in this field to open report details.
Type. Indicates the level of detail in a report, can be Normal or Verbose.
Creation date. The date and time of report creation.
License number. Click the link in this field to view the license details.
Owner. The license owner. Click the link in this field to view the account details.
Size. The size of the report file.
Action. You can download reports in the ZIP format. Also, you can delete reports.
Click the link in the Report ID column to open report details.
In addition to the information in the list of reports (described above), the General tab of report details contains:
- License information, for example, Plesk 12 Web Pro Edition.
- (If available) The IP address of the server where Plesk is installed.
- (If available) The OS of the server where Plesk is installed.
- (If available) Product version.
The Events tab of report details displays events:
- Receiving the report - that is, when the report was stored in Partner Central
- Downloading - when a user downloaded the report.
To search for a particular event, use the following filters:
- Date (date interval). The period when the operation on a report was performed.
- Actor. A user or a system that performed operations on a report.
- IP address. The server IP address from where the report was received.
- Action. The operation that was performed on a report, for example, downloading or receiving.
To download the list of the events in the XLSX format, click Export to Excel.
In the list of reports:
Go to Support > locate the report in the list > click Download in the Action column.
On the report details page:
Click the link in the Report ID column > click Download on the toolbar.
On the report details page:
Click the link in the Report ID column > click Delete on the toolbar.