Each license in Key Administrator can be in one of the four possible states:
- Active - an active, usable license.
- Suspended - a license is temporarily disabled. Typically this is done to stop suspicious activity with this license, if such is detected.
- Expired - a license was not renewed on time and, therefore, became expired. Typically, this happens when a customer who uses pre-paid scheme does not pay on time.
- Terminated - the final state. A canceled, unusable license with no possibility to revert changes back.
The diagram below demonstrates transitions between the license states:
Only the following license actions from the diagram above involve calls from KA to the ISV endpoint over the ISV protocol:
- Create new - License Creation/Renewal/Upgrade Request (the PURCHASE action)
- Upgrade - License Creation/Renewal/Upgrade Request (the UPGRADE action)
- Renew - License Creation/Renewal/Upgrade Request (the RENEW action)
- Terminate - License Termination Request