Activating a License
To use the product, you should activate your license. Note that after the activation, the license usage will be restricted to the hardware of the server on which the product is installed.
Note: For Plesk, see Binding a License to an IP Address.
The order in which you should perform operations of license retrieval and activation depends on the type of activation supported by your product.
If the product supports activation with an activation code:
Retrieve the activation code from Partner Central.
- Go to the Manage Licenses tab and click the license number.
- In the menu, click Retrieve License > Show Activation Code.
In your product, enter the activation code and activate the license.
The license will be automatically bound to the product GUID.
If the product cannot connect to the Plesk licensing servers or does not support activation with an activation code:
Activate the license in Partner Central.
Go to the Manage Licenses tab and click the license number.
In the menu, click More > Activate.
Specify the product GUID. The license will be bound to the product GUID.
Note: If a conflict with an existing license occurs during license activation, you will need to choose an action. For details, see GUID Conflict Resolution further on this page.
Retrieve the XML file with license information from Partner Central.
On the license information screen select Retrieve License > Download License.
To activate the license, install the license file to your product.
If you change the hardware of the server where the product is installed, you should reactivate the license.
To reactivate a license, go to the Manage Licenses tab and click the license number, then select More > Reactivate.
GUID Conflict Resolution
If the system already contains a license that is activated with the same GUID as the new license that you are activating, you will have the following options to resolve this conflict:
- Reset. The new license will be successfully created. The activation of the existing license with the same GUID will be canceled, meaning that the GUID will be removed from the license’s settings. This choice is recommended for licenses of the Purchased type.
- Terminate. The new license will be successfully created. The existing license with the same GUID will be terminated, meaning that it can no longer be used. Note that licenses of the Purchased type cannot be terminated.
Canceling License Activation
If you do not want to use a license, you can cancel its activation.
To cancel activation of a license:
- Go to the Manage Licenses tab and click the license number in the list of licenses.
- In the menu, click More > Cancel Activation.
To cancel activation of one or more licenses at once:
Go to the Manage Licenses tab and select the licenses whose activation you wish to cancel. To display specific licenses, you can filter the list of all licenses using a search query or a list of values.
To select all the licenses in the list, select the corresponding checkbox in the table header.
In the menu, click More > Cancel Activation.