Managing SSL Certificates
Plesk version: Plesk 7.5.3 for Unix and later, Plesk 7.6 for Windows
XML API version: 126.96.36.199 and higher
Plesk user: Plesk Administrator
Using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol on a site requires an SSL certificate installed first. This can be a certificate purchased from a certificate vendor or a self-signed certificate generated on your own. Plesk supports two-levels certificate repository:
- The bottom level is constituted by separate webspace repositories. Certificates installed to a webspace repository can be used on any site belonging to the same customer account.
- The upper level is Administrator's repository. Certificates installed to the Administrator's repository can be used on any site existing in Plesk. One of these certificates can be defined as default, meaning that it is used for accessing the Plesk GUI.
- INSTALL installs an SSL certificate to either Administrator's or specified webspace repository
- REMOVE removes the certificate with a specified name
- GENERATE generates a self-signed certificate
- GET_POOL retrieves a list of certificates for specified webspaces or a list of certificates from Administrator's repository.
If your operating system does not support SNI, you can use the SSL protection only for sites hosted on dedicated IP addresses .