Perform initial server setup
--initcommand to provide the information required for initializing the server. This information contains:
- Plesk Administrator’s personal information,
- New Plesk Administrator’s password instead of the default one generated during installation,
- Full host name (optional).
For the details and examples of how to perform initial server setup using CLI, see:
Install product license key
Use the license utility to install a product license key as well as additional license keys to the server.
For details and examples of how to install license keys using CLI, see:
The following operations are not required for the post-install configuration of Plesk, but they may be useful to further configure Plesk for your production environment.
poweruser utility to switch between Plesk interface views.
For details and examples on switching Plesk interface views, see:
The purpose and the differences of the Service Provider View and the Power User View are described here: The Plesk GUI.
admin --update -locale to set a specific language as default for
For details and examples on configuring administrator’s interface preferences, see:
- For Linux: admin: Administration Panel Preferences
- For Windows: admin.exe: Administration Panel Preferences
The following command:
- sets the default IP address to 192.0.2.14 and sets its type to shared;
- sets the network mask to 255.255.255.0 and the network interface name to eth0 for the default IP address;
- adds shared IP addresses 192.0.2.46 and 192.0.2.47 to Plesk;
- sets the Plesk administrator’s name to “John Doe” and the administrator’s password to adminpass;
- sets the administrator’s phone number to 555-5555, fax number to 333-3333, and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- sets the administrator’s company name to “Megacompany Inc.”, street address to “45 Trail street”, city to “New York”, ZIP code to “10292”, and country to “United States”.
plesk bin init_conf --init \ -default-ip 192.0.2.14 \ -netmask 255.255.255.0 \ -iface eth0 \ -ip-type shared \ -hostname example.com \ -shared_ips add:192.0.2.46,192.0.2.47 \ -name "John Doe" \ -passwd adminpass \ -phone 555-5555 \ -fax 333-3333 \ -email email@example.com \ -company "Megacompany Inc." \ -address "45 Trail street" \ -city "New York" \ -zip 10292 \ -country US \ -state NY
The following command installs an additional license key:
plesk bin license -i AB1C23-4DEF56-7GHI89-JK1L23-MNP456 -additional-key true